- Grand Challenge 1.0: Acheive Low Cost Produce LMR's under $500,000
- Fiscal limitations prevent procurement of radiation hardened technology, optimal communications solutions, and specialized technologies thus generating these issues.
- Core Challenge 1.1: Mitigate Increased Electronic Vulnerability.
- This requires the development of affordable alternatives to rad-hard technology to guard against energetic particles and radiation.
- Core Challenge 1.2: Design an S-Band Communication Solution for under $150,000
- Producing a 50Kbps Downlink and a 6Kbps Uplink may be achieved by addressing a non-traditional communication solution and the integration of new technology.
- Core Challenge 1.3: Generate Latency Compensation Technology.
- Implement a solution that emulates real-time operation of LMR despite a 4 second Command and Data latency.
- Grand Challenge 2.0: Achieve Low Weight: Build rovers under 10 Kg
- The reduction of mass makes thermal control more difficult.
- Core Challenge 2.1: Design Sustainable Thermal Control: Design rovers that can operate in direct sunlight for 14 days.